Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lashing Out



Product Review
Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Lash Extension System with Flexistretch Nylon Fibers
$35 at Sephora stores, Sephora.com

When I saw the new Too Faced Better Than False Lashes lash extension system, I became very excited. Could it be possible to get those long, thick black lashes without applying false lashes?
This system is a three step process in which you apply a base coat of activating mascara. Then you apply a layer of nylon lashes and finally another coat of the mascara.
Let me preface by saying that perhaps I simply do not have the ideal lashes for this product. I didn't even take pictures of my final look because it was so anticlimactic! Different mascaras often give different lashes varying effects.
I have fairly decent, medium thickness lashes.
In step one, the mascara didn't seem wet enough. It didn't appear to really coat my lashes as I expected, despite adding several strokes.
The application of the nylon fibers got me excited. These tiny white fibers do add visible volume and length to the lashes. It's best to place them closer to lash tips and avoid the base of the lash line. I did this the first time I applied and got irritated eyes.
I could not wait to apply the final coat of the mascara and begin batting my long lashes, but that's when the letdown occurred. It was as if I put water on cotton candy. The fluffy white fibers appeared to dissolve instead of expand.
Maybe I didn't do it right, I wondered. So the next day I did it again. This time, I waited in between coats to set the layers better. But I got the same flat result.
Sorry ladies! I really wanted to offer a better report. While this system is brilliant in concept, it did nothing for me. I get much better results with a few coats of a good mascara.
And this stuff is really hard to remove. I had to apply my old standby, Pond's cold cream, three times to get it off! So perhaps Too Faced will improve upon this product in the future, but as for right now, don't believe the hype.

Stay Glamourous,
Tanya


Find me on FB at Glamour Project by Tanya Bell or Follow me on Twitter @glamourproject!

No comments:

Post a Comment